The Mind the Gap 2022 report is a newly-released go-to resource and one-of-a-kind guide for university gap fund managers. It’s an updated version of the 2020 Mind the Gap Report and now brings together 176 active translational research, proof of concept, startup, and venture gap fund and accelerator programs at 97 universities, hospitals, labs and affiliated organizations.
Written to save program managers and partners time and resources, the Mind the Gap 2022 report 2022 demonstrates that there’s no reason to reinvent the wheel and start from scratch. It’s a matter on building on and improving what you already have in place. It provides critical insights, comprehensive best practices and program development guidance for gap fund and accelerator programs – all in one place.
Bridging the Gap in the “Valley of Death”
It’s a problem that most university tech/start-ups have and it has to do with a shortage of early-stage development capital and commercialization support. Referred to as “The Valley of Death” it’s often where innovative and promising projects go to die.
“This no man’s land hinders our path towards the future,” Jacob Johnson, founder innovosource, says. “This report helps research institutions to compare, contrast and subsequently, create sophisticated gap fund and accelerator program strategies to ensure society does not miss out on valuable innovations.”
Through a mix of data, benchmarks, strategies and impact measures, this valuable report provides success stories that managers and stakeholders can use when putting together their unique fund objectives. The report includes the following content:
- Analysis of Early-stage Capital Continuum
- Defining and Positioning the Role of Gap Funds
- Raising and Sustaining Gap Funds
- Structuring the Gap Fund Model
- Managing the Gap Fund Process
- Defining and Benchmarking Gap Fund Impact
Specific report highlights include:
- A detailed assessment of traditional and emerging forms of early-stage capital showcases where gap funding fits in;
- Actionable strategies for raising and initiating funds and plans for sustainability based on a full review of current funding sources;
- Illustrations of specific impact and results of gap funding, including financial returns, process indicators, economic development measures and community engagement metrics;
- A design framework for a full four-step gap funding process from promotion to funding selection and evaluation to management and oversight; and
- Highlights of innovative support programs that are associated with gap funds that build an innovative community of students, faculty and mentors.
With more than 50 individually-downloadable charts, diagrams and figures, the Mind the Gap 2022 Report is sure to be one of the most important tools moving forward. It’s your path to a sustainable future and it’s available here: https://www.innovosource.com/mind-the-gap/